[Foundation-l] Alternative to paypal

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 10:08:28 UTC 2007

Delirium wrote:

>> Bordering trolling in your observations nevertheless.
>>

> Huh? I don't see what prompted this personal attack. I was replying to a
> suggestion that we add Yet Another Payment System with a guess that the
> Foundation won't do so because it's a huge hassle to simultaneously
> support a lot of payment systems, and there's little benefit from doing
> so, and that's why similar suggestions in the past haven't been
> accepted. How is that "trolling"?
>
> -Mark

"quoting" someone whilst removing the background of an issue, and the
comments to which the person was answering, is really not nice Mark. I
would prefer you avoid doing that.

In this case, my sentence was not an answer to one of your comments, so
you have no reason to feel attacked. I have no memory of you trolling in
the past. You often are very passionate about some issues, but I do not
remember you saying things just to offend people. What you wrote in that
discussion was fair and I have nothing to comment, and no reason to read
that as trolling behavior from your part.

My comment was attached to Uber comment, which was, for memory

"Do the board members really not have enough time to do this, if they
don't then they shouldn't be board members. It would take a few
minutes every week or month - not much time to ask."

This sentence is, from my perspective, an attack on board members. When
I read this sentence, I feel no "constructive" comment. I only read
nasty criticism. It is not the job of the board to change payment system
from Paypal to another. And implying that not spending just a few
minutes a week to fix paypal system is ground for removal of a board
member, just reveal a total misunderstanding of the role of a board
member, and an attempt to pain people. I think we are all together in
the same story. Our goal should not to hit on each other each time
something is not working as well as we would wish. I am more than happy
to help when I have time, when I have the ability, when I think it makes
sense. But I think it should always be with the assumption of good faith
from all parties. There is no good faith in Uber comment.

ant