[Foundation-l] Alternative to paypal

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Sun Aug 12 09:42:58 UTC 2007

Florence Devouard wrote:
>>> Perhaps at some point in the future they'll do a reevaluation and choose
>>> a new set of two online payment systems (maybe moneybookers is no longer
>>> the best 2nd choice?), but I don't think it's likely that Wikimedia will
>>> ever want the hassle of simultaneously supporting a large number of them,
>>>
>>> Of course, I speak as someone with no particular knowledge of the
>>> foundation's inner workings; these are just my observations of past
>>> practice.
>>>
>>> -Mark
>>>

> Bordering trolling in your observations nevertheless.

Huh? I don't see what prompted this personal attack. I was replying to a
suggestion that we add Yet Another Payment System with a guess that the
Foundation won't do so because it's a huge hassle to simultaneously
support a lot of payment systems, and there's little benefit from doing
so, and that's why similar suggestions in the past haven't been
accepted. How is that "trolling"?

-Mark