[Foundation-l] could we please have a community-l?

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 08:34:35 UTC 2007

Hoi,
There are too many "village pumps" there are fewer embassies. By sending to
a mailing list you reach the people who have indicated to be interested in
the subjects a mailing list stands for.

I disagree that the mailing list are less public or transparent then the
"village pumps", they reach a different public. When a specific thread is of
sufficient interest, it can be referred to. The archives are open to all. I
would even argue the opposite; when you post on more then two "village
pumps" most people will not know what is said elsewhere and consequently it
is impossible to reach a consensus.

Thanks,
     GerardM