[Foundation-l] Interview transcription

Casey Brown cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 19:46:22 UTC 2007

Well... it's not the fact that we know who you are.  Jimbo could do some
research but people will want it removed as OR.  It will probably get some
opposition but after reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:OR, it really
doesn't fit in the "items excluded" section.  As long as the subject of the
interview is notable, the interview should be able to get used.

On 8/8/07, Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org> wrote:

> This is great news, but it seriously conflicts with the impression I have
> been given about what material can be used for updating Wikipedia. I got
> about 40 minutes of the man's time, and I'd say a great deal of what he
> said
> could go into his Wikipedia article. I consider a telephone interview
> "Original Research", so is it just allowable because people can recognise
> who I am speaking with? It does - to me - seem a little like bending the
> rules. I expected Wikinews to have to do the article and items from that
> go
> in WP.
>

> Brian.

Casey Brown