[Foundation-l] Interview transcription

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Wed Aug 8 19:41:07 UTC 2007

This is great news, but it seriously conflicts with the impression I have
been given about what material can be used for updating Wikipedia. I got
about 40 minutes of the man's time, and I'd say a great deal of what he said
could go into his Wikipedia article. I consider a telephone interview
"Original Research", so is it just allowable because people can recognise
who I am speaking with? It does - to me - seem a little like bending the
rules. I expected Wikinews to have to do the article and items from that go
in WP.

Brian.