[Foundation-l] Future fate of Siberian Wikipedia

Gianluigi Gamba gigamb at tin.it
Wed Aug 1 18:25:02 UTC 2007

I stand for the first solution: the Language SubCom gives advice about
this case to the Board and then the Board decides whether closing or
keeping the project alive.

IMHO if we started a Wikimedia-wide vote, I'm afraid that relatively
few editors and many sockpuppets (to be identified and their votes
rejected) will vote.
I have no direct idea of how expensive a Wikimedia-wide vote is (in
terms of energy, time and personal commitment as well), but I'm afraid
it would cost too much when done just for deciding the survival of a
single project.

G. (aka Paginazero)