[Foundation-l] Future fate of Siberian Wikipedia

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 18:01:16 UTC 2007

According to the experience from past cases, the only decisions in
relation to such cases had been made by Jimmy/Board or Language
SubCom. According to that, there are some options to solve the
problem:

- Jimmy shouldn't make any personal decision in such cases. However,
Board may do that.
- Language SubCom shouldn't have power to close some project, so
possible solution here is: Language SubCom suggests something, then
Board makes decision according to this suggestion as well as according
to all other circumstances.
- Maybe the best solution is to introduce Wikimedia-wide voting in
such cases: Like as voting for the Board, people from all communities
will be called to vote about this issue. Personally, I think that
introduction of such polls will push forward our community.

The good thing is that, thanks to creation of Language SubCom, we will
never have any Siberian Wikipedia more.