[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] "Wicked-pedia"in today's Daily Mail

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 06:15:09 UTC 2007

On 4/25/07, SJ <2.718281828 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/24/07, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
>

> > We have enough eyes to catch this sort of thing much faster.  Can we
> > please have some effort put into designing a system to utilize those
> > eyes efficiently?  I'm not really talking about stable versions - a
> > simple system to list the "least examined edits" would be enough.
> > Defining which users count as valid "examiners" would be the hardest
> > part of the implementation, but *any* half-assed definition of who
> > qualifies would improve the system drastically.
> >
> > C'mon, this could be implemented in a couple weeks by a single person
> > working a few hours a day.  I'm forwarding this to foundation-l.
>
> You are so, so right on the money here.
>
> SJ

Which is to say, a proper solution might take an order of magnitude
longer than you suggest.  But something could be done very very
quickly.

  a) an interface could come first (a "help keep the wiki clean" link
that took you alternately to 1. the last diff for a randompage and 2.
the diff for the last non-whitelisted edit from recentchanges).  just
adding a "randomlastdiff" link next to "randompage" would be a great
start.
  b) if I had a link I could follow to "do my 5 minutes a day" to
track least-reviewed changes, I would do it.  probably every day.
probably on days when I felt I didn't have enough time to even respond
to my talk page comments.

SJ