[Foundation-l] http://wikipedia.org

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 17:44:03 UTC 2007

On 25/04/07, Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I do agree about Wikis crossing the threshhold to get on the
> page in the first place.
>
> I mean, I suppose someone could write a script that monitors all of
> the Wikipedias.
>
> However, I do think that we should have something that automatically
> lets somebody know if pages cross the other threshholds once they are
> already on the page, for example sh: or scn: crossing 10K.

If anyone wants to write a quick script to check the statistics pages,
then you want:

[domain]/w/index.php?title=Special:Statistics&action=raw

In fact, a script to check all of those once per day and log the
details - it should be a fairly light task - might prove useful for
future analysis... any volunteers?

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk