[Foundation-l] Wikipedia:Office Actions

Peter van Londen londenp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 13:51:47 UTC 2007

I don't see the relevance of your answer.
What does that have to do with the fact that this policy is unnecessary for
many projects, where the Foundation still has some authority left and these
problems do not occur?

It is just a matter of opinion: if it is not broken: don't try to fix it.

Apparently in this example you mention: it is broken, the Foundation lost
its authority (so clearly that not even Office works), so fix it there.
There is no need to fix it project-wide (certainly when most office workers
will have knowledge of a few languages like every normal person). This
problem seems to be very limited compared to the total projects the
Foundation has. Simply asking a steward or representative from that certain
community will do in most cases and will be better accepted by the smaller
communities, than someone they don't know removes a part of their content.

In some issues it is better to have it fixed at the top. In this case not: I
would use the network of stewards and other people in stead of forcing it
upon the project instead.

Bureaucracy is not the goal here.

Kind regards, Londenp