[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] "Wicked-pedia"in today's Daily Mail

Peter van Londen londenp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 11:02:07 UTC 2007

Also the Dutch Wikibooks work with the patrolled edits feature successfully.
Although not used on other projects? it was developed further so that:
*possibility to check as patrolled was added on different types of
difference pages, for example also checking the difference out of pages from
your watchlist.
*the patrol-function was also added to the changes put out on IRC (this
information can be used with vandal-fighter programs like the one from
Henna)
*Henna in cooperation with Valhallasw developed a programm, so that all the
edits in a history of an article between certain dates, can be marked as
patrolled
*as mentioned by Andre: once an admin does a revert, the previous
vandalistic change gets automatically marked as patrolled (this feature is
active in MediaWiki); this was an important enhancement.

Patrolling on the Dutch Wikipedia and Wikibooks is limited to anonymous
changes only; edits by users can be patrolled, but this is mostly not done.

Marking as patrolled is a lot of work, but compared to the possibility that
every change is controlled by 10 different patrollers, you can be much more
efficient this way.

We can only recommend this MediaWiki feature as a very useful tool against
vandalism (with its limits off course, if someone falsely marks an edit as
patrolled).

The Dutch community can help admins/communities from other Wikipedia
projects to start with this.

Kind regards
Londenp