[Foundation-l] Some views with regard to current discussion

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 05:29:12 UTC 2007

Hoi,
Board members may be re-elected. This is explicit in the rules of this game.
A board member build up his/her initial reputation in their own time and
then got elected. By doing a good job they maintain this reputation.
Therefore their reputation is their own doing. The community value is, that
by selecting a known good board member for a next term in office we have the
option to choose for stability in our organisation.

When you say that it is an advantage to them in an election, damn right, but
it is their community reputation, their reputation as a board member. There
is even a word for someone who is up for re-election: "incumbent" and
incumbents are known to have an advantage. It is good for the system.

Thanks,
    GerardM