[Foundation-l] Some views with regard to current discussion

Mark Ryan ultrablue at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 01:45:58 UTC 2007

On 20/04/07, Jan-Bart de Vreede <wiki at devreede.net> wrote:
> 4) Several positions with the foundation office allow people to get a
> lot of exposure within the community as part of their duties. One of the
> unfortunate aspects of elections is that a lot of people simply vote for
> "known" candidates without always considering their plans or vision.
> This means that if a former employee runs for the board, he or she has
> effectively used foundation time and money to build their support, that
> does not seem right.

Extending your logic here just a bit, this would seem to suggest that
current board members should not be able to run in future elections
either, because they have unfairly benefited from their exposure as a
result of this position. Which I don't think would go down too well
with the board members.

~Mark Ryan