[Foundation-l] What are the assets of the Foundation, anyway?

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 11:49:09 UTC 2007

On 4/19/07, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On 4/19/07, Stephen Bain <stephen.bain at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I agree with Mark. This is not an appropriate way for a Board member
> > to be talking about a member of the community in a public forum. Nor
> > is it made appropriate by hedging it with an apology and then
> > proceeding on.
>
> According to that logic, all our processes for warning, blocking or
> listing users for incivility are equally inappropriate (or would be
> inappropriate for Board members to engage in, based on some notion
> that they exist outside the behavioral standards of the regular
> community). I stand by my comments; make of them what you will.

The Board are the public face of the Foundation, certainly within the
community if not so much the world at large, and so I do not think
it's unreasonable for the community to expect a higher standard of the
Board, in a public forum such as this list.

How I feel is summed up by DefendEachOther.[1] The members of the
Board are all valued and respected by the community, so if you feel
you've been unduly criticised or attacked, let this have its effect,
and don't diminish that value and respect through retaliation.

--
[1] http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?DefendEachOther

--
Stephen Bain