[Foundation-l] What are the assets of the Foundation, anyway?

Kelly Martin kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 00:21:53 UTC 2007

On 4/18/07, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Nobody speaks about release, only about timing, coordination, and
> priorities. Developing a comprehensive disaster plan (and implementing
> associated reorganization and/or asset transfers) will be under the
> responsibility of the new Legal Coordinator, and I expect that we will
> be able to achieve results within 6-12 months.

Absurd.  The Board should simply hire counsel to deal with this
specific issue and get it underway.  These are totally different
issues than the usual matters the legal coordinator would deal with (I
know, I read the legal coordinator job description).  This is a matter
for the corporation counsel (oh, wait, not only do you not have a
corporation counsel, but I suspect none of you except Michael even
know what one is), not for your day to day legal affairs manager.

For Wikimedia to think it only needs one lawyer is absurd.

Kelly