[Foundation-l] what do we do in the event the Foundation fails? - Re: Policy governance ends

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Apr 18 21:55:46 UTC 2007

On 4/18/07, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, (aliens came in) Foundation is out. How about we start looking in
> our own backyard?
> There are eight chapters to this day, going on 10 to 12 in the next
> few months, in 8 (10 to 12) countries of the world.

None of our current chapters is close to being able to carry the load.
I agree we should try to get there, but that might take us years.
Organizations like the Internet Archive or Creative Commons are in a
better position right now.

--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic