[Foundation-l] Policy governance ends

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 16:44:36 UTC 2007

Hoi,
Anthere when the next elections happen, it will be vitally important that
the people on the board work together well. The WMF is overworked and
underfunded. There is not really time to wage wars. There is too much to do.

Danny indicated that he wants to be considered for a post of the board. He
stated that he would not discuss his own behaviour, why he chose to resign,
until the start of his campaign for board membership. Given his sniping, his
campaign has started. Given the negative campaign Danny is waging, I cannot
see him becoming a positive force on the board. Given that he did not want
to discuss why he resigned in a positive way, I can only urge people to
consider if a negative campaign can make a positive politician. It would
also be good to consider if we need politicians or if we need managers who
people the board of our foundation.

It was my pleasure to vote for you when I had the opportunity. I think you
do great work. I think you have done great work and I hope the quality of
the people on the board will only get better and not worse.

Thanks,
    GerardM