[Foundation-l] Policy governance ends

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 16:10:41 UTC 2007

To better clarify:

Projects should find volunteers, partners, or grants
to invest in new features.  However once that
investment is done the b'crats of a wiki do not have
the ability to turn it on, activate it, whatever the
right terminology is.  A developer who is somehow
under the oversight of WMF must decide if an extention
that has been developed is acceptable for a Wikimedia
wiki.  I don't know how they decide that, but I
imagine it has to do with security and stability.  If
they decide it is acceptable, the extention is put on
the wiki.  If they decide it is not, then they tell
the requesting parties why it is not acceptable.
Presumably the people who worked on it originally (not
WMF developers) go back to work on it for another try
or else they give up on it.

I am specifing what WMF's responsibilty is AFTER the
investments you are talking about have already been
made.  I am not putting any constrainsts on the actual
development of features.

Birgitte SB