[Foundation-l] Policy governance ends

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 13:09:05 UTC 2007

The WMF provides the essential infrastructure and an
organizational framework for the support and
development of multilingual wiki projects.  Wikimedia
wikis must be able to technically adapt in an
individual manner to succeed.

Needs to be met?
Local extension requests must be evaluated by a
developer with the ability to implement them within
three months.

For whom?
Wikimedia communities

At what cost?
Not sure; at the cost of other bugs I suppose.  On the
waiting side, three months seems like a long time to
find out if an extension is acceptable or needs more
work.  But if it is not realistic to people on the
developer side, please adjust to any set time period.

Birgitte SB