[Foundation-l] Resolution:Licensing policy and the projects' autonomy

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 21:22:34 UTC 2007

Kjetil Ree wrote:
> A somewhat related discussion: nowiki has a couple of
> hundred images uploaded back in 2004 and early 2005
> without proper sources or attribution of the author.
> We take such matters very seriously now, but back
> then, nowiki's image use policy wasn't especially
> strict on such matters. I have suggested a cleanup
> project, where every user should check his uploads
> from 2004-05 during the next couple of months, and
> give them proper source information. The same user is
> opposing this proposal, claiming that our current
> image use policy and rules about sources do not apply
> retroactively, and that starting to mass-delete images
> without a source will be disrespectful to the users
> active back then, who were following the rules at the
> time (well, actually the lack of rules).
It's a pity, but things change. You can't expect to pay
the same tax amount as 20 years ago, just because when you
payed that tax for first time was 20 or 30 years ago.

> I claim that
> it is the uploaders' responsibility to make sure that
> their uploads are ok, but he claims that it is the
> users who want to delete (or points out that a image
> is unsourced) who need to prove that the image is a
> likely copyvio. Who is right?
>
> Kjetil (User:Kjetil r)

As everybody knows, all those photos belong to me and were stolen by the
really-bad-guy, which posted them on the net, where they were caught by
the poor wikipedians.
If he doesn't want me to sue him for illegally use of my IP, he must
delete all of my images uploaded there, for he can't prove they're not
mine. ;-)