[Foundation-l] Adminship tools on Commons

Darko Bulatovic mail at itam.ws
Sat Apr 14 19:07:08 UTC 2007

Pedro Sanchez wrote:
> The point is that NOT only sysops can participate.
> Anybody can copy the original text, translate it and paste it on the talk page.
>
> There's also a LOT of places that need translation other than
> interface. He could start helping in those places to show he's really
> interested in helping commons as he says, and after that and commons
> community sees he's helpful he could get the sysop bit
>
> But coming out of nowhere and demanding sysop as his right, it's the
> wrong approach. He may offer a compromise, but he's not getting sysop
> unless he shows he's able and willing to work with our community in a
> smooth way.
>
> How?
> 1. Transalte interfaces first by posting to talk pages (he does not
> need sysop for this)
> 2. Translating other material that also doesn't needs sysop bit
>
> Each project is independent, so no matter how much hewiki people want
> to support him, they don't get a say, just like people from eswiki
> can't go itwiki and demand I become a sysop on itwiki.

Pedro,

problem is that people maybe don't know the process and this discussion
has lost focus talking about sysop privileges instead to find solution.
That unnecessary raise negative atmosphere burning up relations, which
is not good. I am am noticing that in various situation on WMF not just now.
I understand that this is Internet and people are suspicious regarding
others, but please don't act always negative.

Darko