[Foundation-l] Language subcommittee vs Montenegrin language - show time over again

Darko Bulatovic mail at itam.ws
Sat Apr 14 13:40:57 UTC 2007

Andrew Lih wrote:
> I agree the LC could do a better job of reporting its findings and
> conclusions in a more complete manner. It should put on a meta page --
> findings of fact, an elaboration of considerations, and an explanation
> of the conclusion. That said, on balance it's findings have been on
> target.
>
> That said, just one more data point -- my friend who is himself
> Montenegrin said he thinks it (to put it kindly) imprudent to start a
> Montenegrin Wikipedia. And of the dozen or so other folks from the
> region I've talked to, not one has expressed any support for the idea.
>
> -Andrew (User:Fuzheado)

Andrew,

I don't know about your friend, but I have talked with academic people
specially with academic dr Sekularac who was very interested in this
idea and he has give us great support to include his part of work from
Montenegrin Encyclopedia in our wiki, and he told me that he will
support us in communication with other members of Academy of Science and
Art.

Sadly we have spend  to much time and energy in trying to get support
from abroad community instead to concentrate on community here, which we
will do from now on.
I was responsible to push wikipedia as the way of promoting our effort
to improve collaboration. I am deeply sorry for that.

Darko