[Foundation-l] Language subcommittee vs Montenegrin language - show time over again

Luiz Augusto lugusto at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 03:05:45 UTC 2007

On 4/13/07, GerardM <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:

> (...)
>
> We have denied the start of a Portuguese Wikipedia as well.. the
> difference
> between Brazilian and Portuguese Portuguese is substantially larger than
> what is being discussed with Montenegrin.

This statment is interesting to a native-speaker of the Portuguese language
like me to read. The differences between Brazilian and european dialects of
the Portuguese language are very very small (only ô versus ó, some "c" and
"p" as a silent letter for the european dialect and small variants
like a synonyms
most commonly used in one or other contry). If Serbian and Montenegrin
really have less diferecences than pt-pt and pt-br, I think that all
nationalist subscriber talking on this thread can be simply moderated.

(P.S.: I think that neither the Portuguese Wikipedia community isn't
supporting the creation of a new Wikipedia for any national dialect, neither
for any variant of Portuguese language between the brazilian states -- some
slangs from some states aren't understandable on others)