[Foundation-l] Language subcommittee vs Montenegrin language - show time

Jesse Martin (Pathoschild) pathoschild at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 00:30:42 UTC 2007

[This is not an official statement, etc.]

Hello,

We considered the disadvantages (bias, conflict, duplication,
decreased communities) and the advantages of such a wiki (being
'fair'). As such, the proposal for another political fork was
rejected.

We did not allow the other four forked Wikipedias, which predates the
subcommittee, and will not allow the fifth (unless someone can provide
some startling new arguments in favour). For the same reasons, we will
most likely not approve new wikis in those languages. A past mistake
is not a good reason to make a present mistake.

Note that the Serbo-Croatian Wikipedia
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbo-Croatian_Wikipedia> is still
around, and still welcomes Serbians, Croatians, Bosnians, and
Montenegrins.

Yours cordially,
Jesse Martin (Pathoschild)