[Foundation-l] governance

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Apr 11 12:20:41 UTC 2007

On 4/11/07, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
> For now, just a small practical input from my side...
>
> On 4/11/07, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > * should it be the board to decide closure of the Klingon Wiktionary ?
>
> This should be Language SubCom's job.

No. The Language SubCom should not have the authority to close
projects; that would give too much control to a single group with a
very particular expertise (figuring out what constitutes an
independent language). I see no reason why such a decision could not
be made or at least informed through a public poll, similar to the way
we decide on opening new projects.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic