[Foundation-l] governance

Jeff V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Tue Apr 10 22:08:18 UTC 2007

cohesion wrote:

>On 4/10/07, Jeff V. Merkey <jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com> wrote:
>

>>It may be a good idea to air this type of stuff privately in the
>>future.   The public posting sends a message of some sort
>>of in-fighting as an external message to observers, which I know you do
>>not intend.
>>

>I don't know. It's pretty obvious that the foundation is going through
>some changes right now. I personally am happy to see that people are
>thinking of solutions. This seems like a very good plan on initial
>reading, and it was certainly presented in a kind way. I prefer the
>transparency, differences in opinion don't imply fighting.
>
>Judson
>[[:en:User:Cohesion]]

My comments are based on several factors, and the laws related to how US
entities are run not the least of them. Suffice to say that large financial
contributors will be less than impressed with public debates about board
disagreements. It just sends the wrong message
and can be misinterpreted by casual observers. These types of
disagreements and debate are very healthy, but a public forum is
the wrong place to air them.

Jeff