[Foundation-l] Version 0.5 CD *finally* released

Robert Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Sat Apr 7 17:52:39 UTC 2007

Anthony wrote:
> On 4/7/07, Titoxd at Wikimedia <titoxd.wikimedia at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The CD is available at http://www.wikipediaondvd.com, and sells for approximately €12 ($15 USD, £8.50) with part of the sales going directly to the Wikimedia Foundation.
>>

> Why so expensive?  Can't CDs be made for a couple bucks a piece?  How
> much goes to the foundation?
>
> Anthony

I've actually thought of competing for this reason, as I have sources
that can produce a DVD-R disc for about $1.50 each (including case) and
postage would only be an addional dollar.  Of course that does take some
capital resources that I current have tied up in other projects.  But to
do something like this for an American distro, it might be something
attractive.

And of course, I can obtain a copyright license for this material too :)

-- Robert Horning