[Foundation-l] Corporate vanity policy enforcement

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 22:23:38 UTC 2006

> Or adding a link to an existing article.
>
> You seem to be assuming the marketers of ill faith will be too thick
> to apply the same procedure to create an article that an editor of
> good faith would.

As soon as you add a link to an existing article you are more likely
to be noticed by a wikipedian who knows the area. Ever look at how
many prod, speedies and ADFs are orphans?

> Could it be that there is no technical trick that will stop a marketer
> of ill faith without stopping editors and newbies of good faith the
> same or worse?
>
> Think!

Just because someone is acting in good faith it doesn't mean that they
are doing something that we want them to do. There are various tricks
(marketers appear to be rather found of our no comercial use lisence
option on images for example) which could be used to target marketers
but then it gets complex.

--
geni