[Foundation-l] Taipei chosen to host Wikimania 2007

Gianluigi Gamba gigamb at tin.it
Fri Sep 29 15:50:32 UTC 2006

Gatto Nero, I understand your disappointment, but

* disappointing 7 teams out of 8 was unavoidable;
* the jury decided legitimately taking into account all the available
information they had - they have the right and the duty to consider
geo-political strategies for better achieving the goals of the Foundation.
And I might be wrong, bringing access to the free knowledge where such free
knowledge is somehow obstacled is one of them.

suspicious innuendos about how the decision has been taken aren't of any
help for anyone.

G. (aka Paginazero)