[Foundation-l] Taipei chosen to host Wikimania 2007

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 12:23:49 UTC 2006

On 29/09/06, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > (quoting my email:)
> > *how can we make such fortunate results not
> > disappear down the drain?
>
> This is a good question and others have suggested
> trying to convert the Turin bid a European conference
> if not an Italian one.

I would be very interested in attending a conference in Torino,
certainly, if the details are broadly the same as they were before -
it's accessible enough from most of Europe that we could get a lot of
attendees for whom Taipei is simply not a possibility, and the
European community as a whole is sufficiently diverse and active that
it seems the most likely to be able to support a regional conference.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk