[Foundation-l] Taipei chosen to host Wikimania 2007

Gatto Nero gattonero at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 07:05:49 UTC 2006

2006/9/29, GerardM <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:

> In Taipei we will have a completely different event from the event in
> Frankfurt and Boston. Each time we learned new things and the resulting
> offers for hosting were different as a consequence. Not allowing for this by
> saying in advance that Turin does not have to do "the work" again is imho
> stupid. In order for Turin to be a competitor next year, they have to
> analyse what went wrong; was it their offer, their presentation sheer bad
> luck?

Turin is not in Asia.
(Oh, and we didn't talk about "secret sponsorship", right: how came
that a bid as been even shortlisted with this sort of "Yes, you have
to trust us: we have a huuuuuge sponsor but we cannot tell you who,
secret secret!"?
Not talking about strange flight cost, strange "surplus sponsorship"
and other funny reason...)

[Beware: this is Gatto Nero's opinion, not "Wikimania2007Torino
Bidding Team"'s opinion]