[Foundation-l] The Foundation is not a wiki (was Re: RfC: Key priorities for my work)

oscar oscar.wiki at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 23:32:32 UTC 2006

> Angela wrote:
> > I'm not saying the Board should monitor everything. I'm saying they
> > should never be denied access to information when they need it. There
> > is no justification for the current situation when Board members are
> > explicity denied the right to read private wikis.
>
> Just for the record, I disagree strongly with the idea that Board
> members are explicitly denied the right to read private wikis.  Any wiki
> Angela, or any other board member, wants access to, they have my full
> backing to just get it done.

i have another, more general, question, as to the ''who has access to
what'':

who is responsible for keeping track of the registration of the status of
all these privileges: the community? chapters? the board? the office?

in case of the community: then access lists in general should be published
on the metawiki of all more or less ''private platforms'' that can be
accessed on our servers: of private wikis, otrs including queues, mailing
lists, mailing list passwords, masterpasswords etcetera (what did i
forget?), including dates of the passwords given and changed, and access
''granted since'', ''revoked on''. afaik such pages exist but are possibly
neither up to date nor complete.

in case this is not left to the community, this info could also be collected
somewhere more private: if not in public, then nevertheless preferrably in a
publically known secure and trusted place, such as the office, or more
decentralized like in the offices of chapters perhaps?

with our growth continuing, this may very well prove to be a wise thing to
not postpone now, from an administrative point of view.

best,
oscar