[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 07:11:17 UTC 2006

Hoi,
In most wiktionaries pictures are used to illustrate concepts. In most
wiktionaries references to Wikipedia exist for those who want to know more
about a concept. WiktionaryZ will not differ from this as well. We do want
pictures and we will point to Wikipedia when people want more information.

Given that pictures illustrate one or more concepts, and given that concepts
have words in many languages, it is possible to use references to
WiktionaryZ in commons thereby enabling the search of pictures in many
languages. Yes, I know it is an old idea, but we are now technically
advanced to the point where the implementation of this can be considered.

Commons and WiktionaryZ can mutually benefit from each others content.

Thanks,
    GerardM

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Using_Ultimate_Wiktionary_for_Commons