[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 00:53:53 UTC 2006

> Not everybody is involved with commons.  A person who almost exclusively
> deals with text has no reason to go there.

most wikipedians deal with images at some point. I supose the
dictionary don't but do any of them not have a connection to their
wikipedia?

> This would be a needless restriction.  The most likely non-text media
> for people on a minor language project, are going to photos and music
> related to their own culture in their own language.  They need to be
> able to find their own rules about these, without needing to make sense
> of commons legalese which may not yet be translated into their own
> language.

You realise that I read " find their own rules" as setting up another
copyright mess to sort out. At least on commons the problems are in
one place.

> I would not interpret "global approach" to mean global solutions.  A
> more important factor for it would be global respect.

I think anyone who does well on commons is going to have that.

--
geni