[Foundation-l] Congrats to Erik, and my own response to his RfC

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Sep 24 18:05:48 UTC 2006

Erik Zachte wrote:
> Jimmy shouldn't that be a question to the community at large instead of to
> Erik Moller in particular?

Both. :)

> The community has a pretty good track record in choosing able and committed
> board members, 3 out of 3 so far, an unmatched achievement.
> Not just producing noise, or in your words, too often "blaming or yelling
> when something goes wrong".

I agree with you completely.  I should clarify -- it is a tiny
percentage of people, and even then, only a tiny percentage of the time,
when that sort of thing happens.  What I was talking about at that time
is precisely that I think the community is absolutely critical to the
foundation.

> So I hope your congrats extend to the community as well.
>
> You talk about possibly expanding the board even before the October retreat,
> or am I misreading your statement, or hint?

It is not up to me to decide, but of course it is possible.

--Jimbo