[Foundation-l] Candidate statements

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 00:10:14 UTC 2006

> On 21/09/06, daniwo59 at aol.com <daniwo59 at aol.com> wrote:

> >  I suggest that the time of Wikimedians can be better spent than reading statements of this length by, for example, researching articles. I would suggest that the time of our translators could be better spent working on making high quality content available in all languages.
>

> Yes, but is suggesting that articles are more productive work than
> process out of process?

Dunno, but it is sure, the article in a same number of words will be
read on the project, printed on papers, copied to other websites,
linked from other websites, edited by another editor, refined,
featured on your Wiki* main page,  etc etc, but election candidate
presentation will be read by tens or at maximum hundreds of people in
some weeks and soon forgotten.

Personally I think it will be one of things we are better to outsource
and/or finantially motivate them to keep the deadline in the next
occasion.

One another aspect. Most of candidates show no appreciation for
translators. I know less than five people went to their talks and
thanked them. I am sure most of translators don't demand such, but as
one of coordinators I have been very much embarassed with this lack of
appreciation and respect for others by some editors.

Sincerely,

--
Kizu Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org