[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Thu Sep 21 16:19:25 UTC 2006

On 9/21/06, oscar <oscar.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> it is my conviction that for the future, more than "just" translations for
> elections (i take them as an example of a bigger thing to consider here) are
> mandatory to evercome this *gap in culture*. (a point of attention for the
> board retreat imho)
>
> oscar

A reasonable conclusion.  In trying to think of a solution, I found
myself searching for a precedent of a truly international/global
direct election.  I couldn't think of any.  Can anyone else?

Becoming a truly global organization, where the representatives
represent the entire membership and not just their "constituents", is
going to be a really big challenge.  What do you (and anyone else for
that matter) think can be done to accomplish it?