[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 20 15:02:51 UTC 2006

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 12:14:14PM -0400, Jimmy Wales wrote:
> it is a too common reaction of people in the community to
> think of "the Foundation" as a distant entity to be blamed or yelled at
> when something goes wrong.

Heh, that's actually pretty much the best-to-hope-for ideal as far as
service management organisations go.

If the foundation can act in the background and ensure the wikis
keep working, I'd say that that's a fairly important task in
itself.

As usual for such a role, people only notice when
things go wrong. Not a word of praise, but when things
break down, it's moan moan moan ;-) [1]

So I'd say that if that's how people view the foundation mostly,
- well sure that's not exactly great - but at least it's a good sign.

read you soon,
	Kim Bruning
[1] And hey, paradoxally, at least it stimulates people to donate more money for our servers.

--
[Non-pgp mail clients may show pgp-signature as attachment]
gpg (www.gnupg.org) Fingerprint for key  FEF9DD72