[Foundation-l] Verifiability: Constitution?

valdelli at bluemail.ch valdelli at bluemail.ch
Sun Sep 17 10:11:53 UTC 2006

Do You know that not all could be verified and for some points is it
unnecessary the verifiability?

IMHO only disputed article MUST have references and MUST be
supported by verifiability to limit personal opinions and to avoid
the article to become a "drawing room". For other article this choice
could be optional.

In scientific editions all MUST be checked and confirmed by the
authority of others books or researches, but there is a limit... also
the books and researches could make a mistake. If a researcher  takes
care extremely on them, he has not chance.

And in any case not all could be found in references... after this
limit we cross in the research and this is this should be hoped
because without the research there is no progress.

The choice is here: Wikipedia looks to be a simple collector of
knowledge (verified and checked) or Wikipedia believes to be opened
also to the new researches?

At end one reflection, when Einstein was producing his new theories
all scientists judged him as a bizarre man also because there was
nothing to support his suppositions... now his suppositions are a
pillar in the Physic. This is a conclusion to display that references
don't assure the certitude and the truth.

There are men who need extreme verifiability and they like to call
themselves as "pragmatic", there are other men who need critic
verifiability to start a journey for new borders, to see over the
first ones.

Ilario