[Foundation-l] Logos continued, now with a WiktionaryZ edge.

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 21:12:50 UTC 2006

Hoi,
WiktionaryZ is not Wiktionary. It is a different project. The first logo
we had had more with Wikidata to do than with WiktionaryZ. So when this
proposal was made for a new logo, it was a easily better than the one
before. I was amused and touched that someone could come up with the
slogan: "WiktionaryZ, light in the darkness". Given that we are
pre-alpha and see a light at the end of the tunnel, I thought it was apt
for where we are. Our "International Beer Parlour" is called that way
because we wanted to emphasise that we ARE international, a beer parlour
is certainly a few steps up the ladder from a "kroeg". A kroeg is the
name of the place where the Dutch have their palavers. We also have a
place where we discuss bugs.. the "Insect room"..

WiktionaryZ is doing really well, it improves visibly, this week alone
we have had the first versioning: we now have history with our edits. We
have some experimental queries.. We have a new tool that allows
bureaucrats to add new languages.. We have added Mandarin, Min Nan,
Turkish, Latvian, English (United Kingdom), Persian and some more..

When you want to check WiktionaryZ out, you are welcome at
http://wiktionaryz.org.. add your Babel templates, read the articles on
the DefinedMeaning and we are happy to give you edit rights.. You can
also find us on IRC at #wiktionaryz.

Thanks,
     GerardM