[Foundation-l] Logo Contests

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 21:02:22 UTC 2006

On 9/11/06, Daniel Bregman <dbmag9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Following the Incubator logo debacle, I thought it pertinent to make sure
> that the new logo contests are given the best possible chance of being
> noticed. Hence this notice that there are currently three (3) logo
> competitions open to voting at Meta.
>
> These are for Wikibooks, Wiktionary and Wikiversity. If you are an admin
> there, please put up a sitenotice. If you are not, try to inform people in
> those communities. If you are a member of the Foundation, please watch the
> voting to make sure that inappropriate logos are not chosen.

Thank you for the warning. I'll just say again what I've said a
thousand times. What is it about the Wikimedia logo that is so grand
that people seem to be stuck with it and its colors?

Did imagination stop with the puzzleball? Are all those other projects
not great enough that they deserve their very own identity?

Mind you, there are a few very good logos out there. To keep on the
safe side, I would by definition scratch anything that's remotely
round, green, blue and red, or any of those two in the same logo.

Delphine
definitely puzzled.

--
~notafish