[Foundation-l] Hi, Jimmy Wales, Is there inspectors to investigate admins?

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 14:59:12 UTC 2006

On 9/11/06, Tomasz Ganicz <polimerek at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2006/9/11, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com>:

> On Polish Wikipedia there is a page collecting all rules, which admins
> should follow:
>
> http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sprawy_administracyjne

(Sorry, for me Polish is more than Greek ...) Good organized page! I
think most of major projects have a similar one, mainly for the sysops
and candidates. "Admin norm" is not only helpful for them, but also
for the entire community, and also avoiding misunderstanding - what
sysops are not.

> I think that forcing new customs or rules which comes from the "top"
> might create a natural opposision. I think the best place to put such
> a general "good customs" translations would be rather meta.

Sorry for confusion, I intended that we have such on meta, just as
references. It will be helpful in some cases, in some cases, not. What
are good customs is somehow different from culture to culture.

> Then it
> might be a good starting point how to slowly apply it to the all
> projects after duscussion within project's communities which should
> individally decide how to "customize" them to the nature and current
> rules of their projects.

Agreed. I expect no one is happy to be forced what they should follow
completely. Though we have some must (NPOV, licence etc), but custom
and behavior are highly expected to reflect the community value. Each
community are better running as autonomous a/o self-determinative as
possible, or at least when they think so,  in my observation.

--
Kizu Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org