[Foundation-l] Machine translation, Wikipedia and WiktionaryZ

Jeff V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Sat Sep 9 00:19:03 UTC 2006

Dearest Sabine,

All rights under the identified word listings are hereby released under
the GFDL for use in
machine translation and language preservation efforts of the WikiMedia
Foundation and
the Wikipedia Community. This release includes but is not limited to:

lexicons, word lists, thesaraus, rule sets for mahcine translation,
grammar references, and any materials
created or contributed which originate under the the terms of the GFDL.

This release DOES NOT apply to any proprietary language materials not
released into the
public domain which comprise lexicons, word lists, grammar references,
thesaurus, or rule sets
which are subject to separate confidentiality agreements and which have
not been placed into the public
domain by interested parties for any Native American Languages or
Language Contributors who choose
to keep their proprietary materials protected. This applies to those
languages and groups who may
have cultural basis for protecting their languages due to religious or
other concerns.

Those lexicon and word lists identified by Sabine and uploaded to:

http://www.wiktionaryz.org/index.php?title=MachineTranslation_preparation_1
http://www.wiktionaryz.org/index.php?title=MachineTranslation_preparation_2
http://www.wiktionaryz.org/index.php?title=MachineTranslation_preparation_3
http://www.wiktionaryz.org/index.php?title=MachineTranslation_preparation_4

are hereby forever irrevocably released under the GFDL and WiktionaryZ shall serve as the repository for not only
these lists, but also the rule set and grammar parsing rule scripts for the Wikitrans program for any identified
target languages.

Completed word lists will be used to perform Machine Translation runs against the English Wikipedia on a regular basis.
Sabine is hereby appointed as coordinator on behalf of the Wolf Mountain Group to manage any and all Wikimedia and Wikipedia
coordination efforts for this program on behalf of the Community and may request access to WMG servers and facilties
for maintenance and coordination efforts.

Signed,

Jeffrey Vernon Merkey
Chairman
Wolf Mountain Group, LLC