[Foundation-l] Can a wikimedia-b list be setup

Filip Maljkovic dungodung at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 17:10:03 UTC 2006

Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
> You know, I did not want to address this on this list, but it appears I
> will have to in order
> for folks to get it.
>
> Business 101
> [....]
> Hope that explains it.
That was unnecessary, but OK.

Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
> Michael Bimmler wrote:
>
>> If you have a high-priority and/or important business question, which
>> you want to be answered by nobody but Foundation officials, why don't
>> you just write an email to the Foundation? There is board at wikimedia
>> dot org and bpatrick at wikimedia dot org (Brad Patrick, general
>> counsel & Interim Executive Director WMF) for your convenience.
>>
> I do this all the time with Brad and those emails dont make it to this list.
And you still find that not enough? Contact with the Wikimedia officials
is exactly and exclusively what you need. And if you're mails are so
business-like, then what's the purpose of sending them to foundation-l,
which is open for everyone to state their opinions? I don't think making
a "business" mailing list would be helpful. Sending mails to relevant
people instead is.

Filip