[Foundation-l] Can a wikimedia-b list be setup

Jeff V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Wed Sep 6 15:54:53 UTC 2006

effe iets anders wrote:

>Hmmm, who are you referring to as "someone of the foundation who
>should be moderating the list"? I don't think that someone is
>availeble, especially when I see how much work they already have.
>Further I find it hard to imagine business-proposals that should be
>discussed on some list, but not by the Wikimedia-communities. If the
>argument would be "high-traffic" I could follow your redenation,
>although I would have still my doubts, but I am afraight I lost you
>here totally. You seem to suggest either that you want to discuss
>things behind the back of the communities because they would be
>disturbing the process, but then I am wondering why it should be on a
>emaillist at all, or you seem to suggest that the communities are
>anyway incompetent to understand or discuss the proposals, and I find
>that very insulting to the people who make up these communities.
>Maybe you could clarify which of the two you mean, or which other
>meaning you had in mind.
>
>Lodewijk

A suggestion for a list where people building businesses around
Wikipedia could discuss
business related issues with a similiar mindset. That's all. Issues
like: How do we keep MediaWiki
synced up to always work with dumps. How can we help the foundation
create revenue
generating opportunities. Schedules for conferences for business people
who are using
Wikipedia content in business and for funded education programs. How do
we rally funding
for project X proposed by Community member 'X'. That sort of thing.

Jeff