[Foundation-l] Use of Wikimedia-Logo's in articles

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 19:47:52 UTC 2006

On 03/09/06, Tuvic <tuvic.tuvic at gmail.com> wrote:

> We really need solid answers on this question, to stop this kind of editwars

It would depend I think on nl:wp policy on corporate logos in general.
Does nl: allow fair use images? On en:, corporate logos in articles
about a corporation are allowed as fair use - it's clearly academic
fair use to use the logo when talking about a company in an article
about the company.

Saying "it's on Commons so we can use it" is specious - Wikimedia
copyright logos are the one variety of image on Commons that is *not*
free content.

> once and for all.

That trick *never* works. ;-p

- d.