[Foundation-l] Good example; The works of Charles Darwin freed :)

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 14:35:12 UTC 2006

The article does mention other language editons
(Danish, Russian).  So I just want to point out that
he very well may own the copyright on the
translations.  Most all websites do a poor job of
distingiushing the different copyrights of the variety
of material they host.  It is quite common for people
simply write the terms of use to cover the most
restrictive copyright material on the site.  I have
only seen *one* website that mentions the issue of
underlying PD material on their Terms of Use, despite
the fact that many websites contain these kinds of
material.  He may well think it is quite obvious that
anyone can take the PD material and do as they like.
On the other hand he may not.  But lets not jump to
conclusions here.

Birgitte SB