[Foundation-l] Good example; The works of Charles Darwin freed :)

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 11:23:23 UTC 2006

On 10/19/06, James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:
> He's doing the next worst thing: taking a public domain revolutionary
> publication and owning it. It's not even his.

Under current english and welsh case law (which as far as I know
hasn't inbvolved an actual case in over 100 years) the copy is his. If
you can get hold of the originals you would under english and welsh
law be free to do what you like with them. However this is a copy and
he owns the copy (I'll probably contact him in a few days to find out
what his reasoning is but I will assume he is a bit busy right now).

Incerdental current US case law has come to the oposite conclusion.

--
geni