[Foundation-l] Dream a little...

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Oct 16 22:17:55 UTC 2006

On 10/16/06, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I will not pretend to really understand this stuff.
> However Wikitex uses Lillypond and brion has marked
> Lillypond "wontfix"  because it is inherently unsafe.
> But if the Wikitex thing is really something different
> please forgive my confusion.

The current status, as I understand it, is that Peter Danenberg is
coming up with a new security model for WikiTeX. He has tentatively
stated that he wants to be done by December 1. Then the WMF tech team
can take another stab at reviewing it (and its components) for
integration.

As you know, I strongly believe we need this and other extension-based
functionality; we just need a general security model for it that makes
sense.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

Member, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees

DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise stated, all views or opinions expressed
in this message are solely my own and do not represent an official
position of the Wikimedia Foundation or its Board of Trustees.