[Foundation-l] Fundraising season launch

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Wed Oct 11 02:10:59 UTC 2006

Erik Moeller wrote:

> Tim - when are the static dumps going to be ready?

It's out of disk space. The images are using over 600GB already, not
including image tarballs which will require that much again. Also I'm
out space for text, srv31's 230GB is full. The project really needs
either a dedicated 2TB or some software changes to reduce disk usage.

So in answer to your question, I was intending on waiting until the new
image servers arrive. Then I could try to grab one to finish the present
dump. Then I would do the software changes and run the subsequent dump
on a lower-specced machine. I don't know when the image servers will
arrive, but we're all hoping it will be soon.

-- Tim Starling